SilviaWA is a Western Australian car club devoted to the Nissan Silvia family of cars. This family includes anything that was sold having the "Silvia" badge and belongs to the 'S' series of cars including the Australian release Gazelle and 200SX and the Malaysian, Japanese and European 180SX. The aim of the club is to provide a social outlet for owners of Nissan Silvia vehicles (Silvia, 200sx, 180sx, all models S13, S14, S15). Formed back in 2002 to cater for the growing number of Nissan Silvia, 180SX and 200SX owners in Perth. The club has gone from a small, informally run bunch of mates to being one of perths biggest car cubs featuring heavily in Perth's car show scene, motorsport and general club scene. Winning a number of car show awards including "PERTH'S BEST CLUB" four years in a row. The club holds monthly club meetings and cruises on the first Wednesday of every month, starting at City West in West Perth and travelling to random scenic locations around Perth. Other events that are organised by SilviaWA include:
- Cruises (Both Official & Unofficial)
- Special events (Whoop Ass Wednesdays, weekend away cruises, Dragwars, etc )
- Driving courses (At AHG Driving centre)
- Entering shows (Autosalon, PAS, Motorvation)
- Social events (Pubs, Clubs, Bowling, Go-Karts, Paintball etc)
Some benefits in joining our club is the ability to find good service, opinions, help and discounts through members & shops with a wealth of experience. SilviaWA have a number of different traders that can help tweak your suspension setup, look the part, or fill that engine bay with ALL the fruit. One of the most active areas of SilviaWA is the community forum, which is jam packed with dicsussions ranging from cruise info, tech talk, track & event coverage, and automotive build blogs. In the forum, you will discover a vast array of people with in-depth knowledge about your pride'n'joy, share advice and ideas, and find help with your upgrades or problems you may experience. The club is run by a small committee, which consist of A Prez, Vice Prez, Administrators, Miscellaneous Co-ordinators & Moderators.
Rules of the Club
As to promote a positive image of the club we have set out some rules. The rules protect you, the public, and the club image.
- Dangerous driving during a club events, this endangers you and the public. (this includes speeding, burnouts, etc) We don't want to be party killers, but there is a time and a place for everything, that is why we set up track days etc. If you want to do such things do them on private/closed roads. We don't want to be dealing with the police at club events.
- Discrimination of other club members is not allowed. We are trying to promote a friendly social atmosphere.
- Behaviour in public should be favourable. Once again reflects on club.
Violation of the rules may result in ejection/suspension from the club. In the case of criminal offences you will be left to deal with the relevant authorities. Remember this when with the club - 'It's very hard to build a good reputation and very easy to destroy it. Once a club gains a bad reputation, it is almost impossible to get rid of it.' A bad reputation would eventually lead to the end of the club. Also this reputation can rub off on to the cars and have the police giving all drivers of Silvia's a hard time.
- You should own a Nissan Silvia, 180SX or 200SX of any generation.
- You should also be an active participant in the Club attending monthly meetings and events, although it is not compulsory to attend every one.
- Reside within the state of Western Australia.
At current, there is no 'offical' form of membership registration, simply join the community forum or attend a cruise & introduce yourself!