•  

• Welcome to

Hello and welcome to SilviaWA, You will require an account to use selected sections of our forums, you can register an account by clicking the register button at the top of the screen.

Photo

IPRA Nationals from an S13

• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 datman55

datman55

Q's Spec

• Inactive
    • PipPipPip
    • 154 posts
    • Name:Mark
    • Cars:
      Past - SR20DET powered Datsun Sunny (race car)
      Present - VW Amarok
      Future - S15 (track car)

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:42 PM

Hey guys,

Not sure if any of you have seen this, but this video is one of the best I have seen from the recent IPRA Nationals at Phillip Island. The video is from an S13 built in Queensland. For the technically minded, check out the boost gauge on the right hand side of the centre console, yes.... that's 30psi of boost, with very little lag.

https://youtu.be/l3-S9QsVOJo

#2 shnoog

shnoog

Q's Spec

• Inactive
    • PipPipPip
    • 101 posts
    • Name:Alex
    • Cars:
      S13 ls1

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

ipra really seems pretty broken. That monaro looks like it has such a power advantage over the rest of the field.

Name: Alex Location: Belmont Car: 93 s13 ls1 4 banger go home.

#3 datman55

datman55

Q's Spec

• Inactive
    • PipPipPip
    • 154 posts
    • Cars:
      Present - VW Amarok
      Future - S15 (track car)

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

It's hard to say IPRA is broken, they just had approx 130 cars from all over the country attend the nationals at Phillip Island.

The Monaro has a huge power advantage, yet you can see towards the end of the race how it's tyres are going off pretty badly, allowing the smaller cars to really hassle him - and that's on a track that rewards horsepower. He has a lot more horsepower, but is limited with his rim size, which effectively limits his tyre size. Additionally, we all run the same Yokohama Radial Tyre, no slicks, so the extra weight he has to lug around has a much bigger effect on tyres and braking also. 

The other thing to consider is budget, that Monaro is a big $$$ car. The car you can't even really see in most of the video is a BA Falcon. He is sooo much quicker than anyone else in the country, but again, huge $$$ and many many years of development - not to mention a bloody good driver too.

It's a great category, with really good people. I certainly considered running street cars here in WA, but there is not enough people in the category. At least with IPRA, there is plenty of people to race with. I'm not looking to break records or win $20 plastic trophies. I just want to get out there and have fun, like most of the guys do.

#4 shnoog

shnoog

Q's Spec

• Inactive
    • PipPipPip
    • 101 posts
    • Name:Alex
    • Cars:
      S13 ls1

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

Is that ba a v8 or turbo?

This year should pick up more people in street car unlike last year. It's only going to get better if people stop sitting on the fence and commit to it. I've built a car for street car and I'll be entering this year.

Name: Alex Location: Belmont Car: 93 s13 ls1 4 banger go home.

#5 datman55

datman55

Q's Spec

• Inactive
    • PipPipPip
    • 154 posts
    • Cars:
      Present - VW Amarok
      Future - S15 (track car)

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

It's a V8. No point running a 4L turbo with a restrictor when you can run a 600HP+ V8.

I'll be watching Street cars with interest, if they get enough numbers to make it worth while, I may have run with them instead. The car is being built for IPRA though at this stage, which is more restrictive than SC, so easy to swap over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users