•  

• Welcome to

Hello and welcome to SilviaWA, You will require an account to use selected sections of our forums, you can register an account by clicking the register button at the top of the screen.

Photo

Daves S13

• Please log in to reply
    113 replies to this topic

#101 DTSNR32

DTSNR32

J's Spec

• Inactive
    • Pip
    • 76 posts
    • Name:Dave
    • Cars:
      S13

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

The black and white pump power cables go through a grommet in the black panel( photo was taken before the wires were neat )
    Posted Image

Now comes the painful part
    Friday morning comes and I get the Sil loaded up on the trailer. I traveled about 10kilometers when I started to accelerate at a intersection when I heard *SNAP* I look back into the rear view mirror only to see my pride and joy roll off the car trailer. I slammed on the brakes and out to see the back wheels on the road, the front wheels in the air and the bumper of the car just holding up on the trailer. I had to race and grab the scissor jack and get under the car to lift it off the trailer. At this point the tow car was smack bang in the middle of the traffic lights and I had cars smashing their horns at me while I raced to get it in the air. Luckily I guy ran across from the traffic lights and directed traffic away from me. I was very lucky to only loose a small amount of paint, no panel damage and for the car not to hit anyone else.

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

Results
    A gain of 40 horse power on the same boost jumping from 302 to 342rwhp on 18psi. The car pulls through boost much better and runs much better than its previous tune. Im going to give the car bit of a break for a few months while I purchase a house. Then a different look for the Sil is on the cards.
    Name- Dave Location- SOR Cars- R32GTR & S13

#102 Big Jill

Big Jill

will dance for fuel

• Inactive
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,038 posts
    • Name:Paul
    • Cars:
      Nissan S15 , Honda Euro CL9

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Much love for this car! Brilliant job mate. Fuel system is very nice and neat. Love how you paint everything you remove or replace. Best way to do it.

#103 bmxdrftr

bmxdrftr

Q's Spec

• Inactive
    • PipPipPip
    • 295 posts
    • Name:Liam
    • Cars:
      Silvia s13

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

I really love the way you've done this car man ! The less is more approach has definitely paid off :) I'll be keeping a keen eye on this thread Liam
    Name - liam Location - Belmont Car - 92 180sx (SOLD) s13 silvia (sold) r32 (sold) S14a(sold) next 13 (keeping this one haha)

#104 bmxdrftr

bmxdrftr

Q's Spec

• Inactive
    • PipPipPip
    • 295 posts
    • Cars:
      Silvia s13

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

I think they are my front indicators hahaa

They sure are :)

Blue 32 up and running yet? Looked fantastic (even getting pushed around) at powercruise

I wish, I've had to put it on the back burner while saving for a house... One day I'll get it going again.

This car is SOOOOO awesome!

Any particular reason, to why you went with 1000cc injectors and BC cam gears on what could be said as a basic SR setup?

The Cam gears came with the car and I chose the ID1000s incase I go down the E85 path in the future.

Hey mate just wondering where you've mounted the fuse box from the engine bay ? Was it a major job ? Cheers
    Name - liam Location - Belmont Car - 92 180sx (SOLD) s13 silvia (sold) r32 (sold) S14a(sold) next 13 (keeping this one haha)

#105 DTSNR32

DTSNR32

J's Spec

• Inactive
    • Pip
    • 76 posts
    • Cars:
      S13

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

Blue 32 up and running yet? Looked fantastic (even getting pushed around) at powercruise

I wish, I've had to put it on the back burner while saving for a house... One day I'll get it going again.

Any particular reason, to why you went with 1000cc injectors and BC cam gears on what could be said as a basic SR setup?

The Cam gears came with the car and I chose the ID1000s incase I go down the E85 path in the future.

Hey mate just wondering where you've mounted the fuse box from the engine bay ? Was it a major job ? Cheers

On my GTR or the s13?
    The 32 I have the fuse box behind the bumper with some mounts. The S13 is mounted just on the front left hand corner. I'd like to move it behind the dash some day when I have time.

#106 bmxdrftr

bmxdrftr

Q's Spec

• Inactive
    • PipPipPip
    • 295 posts
    • Cars:
      Silvia s13

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

On my GTR or the s13?
    The 32 I have the fuse box behind the bumper with some mounts. The S13 is mounted just on the front left hand corner. I'd like to move it behind the dash some day when I have time.

On the s13, my brother is a auto sparky he said he can put it in the boot or glove box for me :) ill do a thread on it if it's easy enough

#107 DTSNR32

DTSNR32

J's Spec

• Inactive
    • Pip
    • 76 posts
    • Cars:
      S13

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

Hopefully I can get back into updating this build thread since buying the car back in November last year. Currently it doesn't look like much of a car with the motor out, the driveline out and the car sitting a meter in the air. The whole thing is getting a freshen up and I'm redoing alot of things I wanted to do when I owned it last. IMG_20171108_100042_941_zpstnd7b8dt.jpg

#108 Barrett

Barrett

K's Spec

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 363 posts
    • Name:Daniel
    • Cars:
      S15

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:26 AM

Lucky you managed to find it again in good condition. would love to buy my Old car back, keep the updates coming.

I think we need to do another SilviaWA Cruise.

Name:Daniel

Car: S15  :180:

#109 DTSNR32

DTSNR32

J's Spec

• Inactive
    • Pip
    • 76 posts
    • Cars:
      S13

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:01 PM

So it's felt like I've only made alittle bit of progress over the past 6 months but on the other hand I've been very busy with a 2 year old and a new born. The goal of this car has never really changed as I've always just wanted it to be a really clean street car. The day I picked the car up it had some alignment problems so I drove it to a family friends house and parked it up until I had time to have a good look at it. After a month of it sitting around I lifted it up and gave it a basic alignment so it would be safe to get home. I made a trip up to Osbourne park and got some fresh e85. Filled her up and she was ready... That was until I heard a strange noise coming from the back of the car. A pool of e85 was now under the fuel tank as a hose clamp had failed. Easy fix with a fresh clamp but as I rolled the car back to clean up the mess I found the car not wanting to go anywhere. I gave the car another solid push only to hear the sound of the wheel rolling over my new sun glasses. I had enough so I decided to leave the car for another day.

The day it arrived home I wasted no time and pulled the Sr20 out. The bay still had all the factory holes that I wanted gone and it was also starting to look tired and messy.

IMG_20180406_181119_932_zpsr62aivis.jpg

Once the engine was out I started pulling it all apart to give it a good clean. There wasn't any problems with the motor so it just received some new gaskets and Welsh plugs.
    IMG_20180414_123545_127_zpsu0mhmfv2.jpg

The engine had a good day of scrubbing down followed up with it being sand blasted, etched and painted in Daihatsu Warm silver. The gearbox received the same treatment.

IMG_20180418_190025_870_zpscvelm3r9.jpg

#110 DTSNR32

DTSNR32

J's Spec

• Inactive
    • Pip
    • 76 posts
    • Cars:
      S13

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

I ummed and ahhed about choosing a new colour scheme for engine parts like the plenum and valve cover. I wanted something different but would also go with the new colour I picked out for the engine bay. I ended up using a wrinkle paint with Lamborghini grigio telesto over the top. IMG_20180501_204531_096_zpsw7dgy1mq.jpg

The decided to go down a similar catch can setup to my GTR so I stripped back the old paint and had Josh at Metalcraft to weld up the old breathers and weld on -10 thread onto the back of cover.
    I followed up by cleaning all the cast marks from around the edge of the cover with a dremel.

IMG_20180726_223734_461_zpsxau4fuk5.jpg
    I think I'll get the 6boost manifold ceramic coated in a similar colour to match. It's Mabo, it's justice, it's law, it's the vibe

#111 DTSNR32

DTSNR32

J's Spec

• Inactive
    • Pip
    • 76 posts
    • Cars:
      S13

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:07 PM

I'm going to continue to run the Tomei Arms turbo even though I was never that big of a fan of it. So kept the theme going after I grinded off the brackets and smoothed them out.
    Screenshot_20180731-220609_zpsg2um6h8k.p

IMG_20180515_223437_422_zpskk4smazm.jpg

I had a spare few minutes so gave my bonnet latch a clean up. I sandblasted the body, wire wheeled and polished the springs and gave it a fresh coat of paint. Literally under 15minutes from start to finish. Excuse the screenshots for pictures.
    Screenshot_20180731-220618_zpsg1v1e75x.p
    Screenshot_20180731-220624_zpsgkiwfnhs.p
    Screenshot_20180731-220630_zpsqiuh540x.p

#112 DTSNR32

DTSNR32

J's Spec

• Inactive
    • Pip
    • 76 posts
    • Cars:
      S13

Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:35 PM

So I have to plan to either replace every nut and bolt otherwise it will be cleaned, polished and zinc plated. Out comes the subframes to get ready to clean this underbody.
    IMG_20180704_213236_zps9ym91rg0.jpg

This was a few weeks I'd like to forget about. Doing bits and pieces after work I cleaned the underbody of the 13. This involved me first degreasing and high pressure cleaning it followed by using a nylon wheel attachment and removing old grime and paint from years back. I removed a good amount of rubber and then took a medium scuff pad and gave the entire thing a rub down. It was a much larger job then I thought it was going to be but I got there in the end. Now comes the part that people will either like, not understand or hate.
    Going with the colour theme on the engine bay and boot is Nissan KJ7 or as I now refer to it "fresh hummus". I start with the underbody which received 4l of tintable Raptor Liner tinted in my desired fresh hummus effect.
    First using my DeVilbiss Gti Pro Lite I put down a coat for coverage followed up with a few coats with my stone guard gun to give it texture. Through the center of the tunnel where no texture was desired I just left used my spray gun.
    IMG_20180720_131317_556_zpskac6f3bc.jpg

Here's a picture of the heat shield which has been sand blast and hit with a high heat silver.
    IMG_20180723_210503_955_zpshtzxh7sm.jpg

Next up with be stripping down the subframes, welding in reinforcement plates and powdercoating them.

#113 Barrett

Barrett

K's Spec

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 363 posts
    • Name:Daniel
    • Cars:
      S15

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

This is absolutely amazing, such good build quality. keep the updates coming. 

Name:Daniel

Car: S15  :180:

#114 kyle_340

kyle_340

foulchild

• Cruise Coordinator
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,111 posts
    • Name:Kylie
    • Cars:
      S13
      S15

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:00 PM

dope

the JUN S15 (broken) - 000hp
    s13 ca18de two tone silver/grey - 2hp

previous
    s14 [ZENKI] (built) - 350hp
    s13 ca18de two tone silver/grey - 2hp (back in my arms)
    s13 two tone unrego - soon to be daily (was simply never to be)

IF YOU DONT THINK TWO TONE S13'S ARE THE TIGHTEST SHEET THEN GET THE FRACK OUT OF MY FACE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users