•  

• Welcome to

Hello and welcome to SilviaWA, You will require an account to use selected sections of our forums, you can register an account by clicking the register button at the top of the screen.

Photo

180sx srubbing front wheels

• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Lynch

Matt Lynch

J's Spec

• Inactive
    • Pip
    • 6 posts
    • Name:Matt
    • Cars:
      180sx

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:17 AM

Gday all! Sorry if this is an existing thread - i had a search and wasn't able to turn up anything directly related. Anyway! My 180 has a bad srubbing issue when drifting. It has some after market knuckles (gktech i think) and coil overs. Before the last event i painted the areas inside the wheel arch where i suspected the scrubbing was occuring - so now know exactly where its hitting.

I'm not that keen on cutting out wheel wells, so am looking for other options to resolve this issue. I've had suggestions offered such as spacers/more offset wheela, extended/adjustable lower control arms etc etc... are these likely to solve the problem? And what else can i do to stop it?

NB: I've already raised the front by about an inch. Hopefully that reduces it a little. Its actually so bad that sometime the outside front wheel will lock up mid drift! Any thoughts appreciated.

#2 unkn0wn

unkn0wn

Custom Spec

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,302 posts
    • Name:Christian
    • Cars:
      89 S13 180sx. Ongoing VQ30DET transplant
      92 S13 180sx. Sr20det Track Hack
      99 D22 Navara. Daily

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:10 AM

What offset / width wheels you using now?

if there hitting the inside, then yes you need more offset / move the wheels further out. 

Tub front end

Smash everything thats it hits with a BFH.

Name : Christian.

89 S13 180sx - forever undergoing vq30det transplant.

92 s13 180sx - Sr20det sheetter, track hack.

99 d22 Navara - Ever reliable dirty diesel daily and 4wd tourerer. .

+ some other random cars not worthy of mention.

#3 3lite

3lite

Bought NOT Built

• Inactive
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,320 posts
    • Name:James
    • Cars:
      SG5 Florister XT
      180sx Ugly Duckling

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

yehp wrong wheel choice is your big issue, either spacers or new wheels with more negative offset.

how far from lock are you getting because with the extra lock kit you might find youll just shift the scrubbing to a slightly bigger angle.

raising the car might have helped a little but sounds like you have bad hitting if it locks the wheel up. 

other than that you could adjust your caster, camber and toe. you would want less negative camber, more toe out and more positive caster from memory???? though it will change the feel of the car

Name: James

Cars of Old: 1992 180sx (Hulk Boot), Kouki S14 of WIN!, Ebisu Sil80, S15NA S13, HakunaMiata NA6 MX5, Florester XT (Cresh!), Adopted 180sx Trouble Child, 1997 Mr Miragi (RIP-2016)

Cars of Now: 2015 Isuzu D-Max, 1989 BMW E30 M52B28

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users