•  

• Welcome to

Hello and welcome to SilviaWA, You will require an account to use selected sections of our forums, you can register an account by clicking the register button at the top of the screen.

Photo

Lost Keys / Immobilizer

• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 j3rk

j3rk

j3rk

• Inactive
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 380 posts
    • Name:Paul
    • Cars:
      R35 GTR

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

The story goes that i lost my keys + immobilizer on the weekend (dammit.)... Sadly my spare immobilizer had also gotten a flat battery and thus when i replaced it, it has lost the right frequency (presumably.) and will not disarm the alarm... To the point I have heard of people who will come out and workout the frequency and was wondering if anyone knew the details? On a side note the back of the immobilizer there is a stickered number which was on both of the immobilizer ... I'm hoping this will be for replacements / reprogramming but am not sure... Any help is appreciated cheers, Paul.
    Name: Paul Location: SOR Cars: Daily - Hyundai of fury Fun - Built 3100cc MKIV Supra - More Hp than Hyundai... just. Project - Drift sx to come

#2 JorDy

JorDy

Custom Spec

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,022 posts
    • Name:jordy
    • Cars:
      s15

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

best way to get a key made is take out your boot lock and take to a lock smith cost me $14 is it a cheap imob? if yes get a new one hundred bucks fitted ( remember some one now has your keys and imob ) if you want the fix the old one i have neva heard of a remote losing its frequency , i would take it into a shop and get em to test it did u put the right batt in it ?

JD airport S15

#3 dazbuster

dazbuster

J's Spec

• Inactive
    • Pip
    • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:34 AM

best way to get a key made is take out your boot lock and take to a lock smith cost me $14

is it a cheap imob?
    if yes get a new one hundred bucks fitted ( remember some one now has your keys and imob )
    if you want the fix the old one i have neva heard of a remote losing its frequency , i would take it into a shop and get em to test it

did u put the right batt in it ?

what car is it?? find out if its transponder key type, and if so see if transponder & key have to match the ecu? if not just buy a lock set (ignition, 2 doors and boot lock), and if required grab the transponder with the locks, its a black plastic surround that clips around igniotion barrel.......

i.e the very latest toyota key/transponder system thats "flawless" and fitted to latest supercharged aurion TRD's, corolla/camry sportivo's etc............can be bypassed by anyone who has a key and transponder ......simply unplug the transponder from main wiring harness of car , plug in your "replacement transponder to the 4 pin plug....start car with the "replacement"key

meaning........if a thief wants your new toyota etc...(supposed to be secure) the he simply has to use a key etc from another one.......( i worked this out while playing a trick on my mrs hehehe) holdens however need the body control module to match the transponder....(only 1 minute longer to swap)...

in the long run....get a new lock set from ebay/wreckers etc or swap with a mate if u think key finder may know your address..........
    Name: daz Location: Innaloo Car(s): 01 s15 spec s, 02 Clubsport, 05 Sportivo, 06 Yamaha R1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users