Hillarys Carpark...

Hey guys,

I saw in one of the other posts someone mentioned hillarys carpark.. so I was wondering, lets say i decided to go down there with some witches hats and setup a little practice track in an area of the carpark that wasnt being used.. what kind of legalities would be involved...? I'm assuming I may eventually get a security man come out and tell me to go home - fair enough, but till then because its private property is there anyway the cops can bust me? or anyone else for that matter?

Perhaps a few of the guys from here would be keen for some time trials down at hillarys...?

Cheers

Paul

short answer is you will be assraped if you piss someone off

No insurance, no council permission, no landowners permision, no CAMS approval, no crowd control. I guess I'm getting the point across.

However if you dont get reported then nothing will happen.

er...

don't..

your not allowed to just set up shop and have your own motorkhana..

to even run it you would have to do the following

a> get approval from the land owners/manager of hillaries

b> have suficient saftey measures to protect anyone who might stop and spectate

c> have a fairly sizeable insurance policy, and for this you would most likely need cams

d> probably need to give the owners of the land some semblance of a guanteee that you won't damage or mark the surface, and if you do, be able to fund repairs, or show you can have the surface fixed, or clean to its prior state..

add to that, the cops will nail you to the wall, as they are allowed to bust you on there, even tho it might be private property, you will find that the land owners have given the police permission to enter and bust whoever they want..

But not to be too negative. If you wish to participate in some motorkhana events the max action series is currently running over at belmont once a month, or you could ask the all4's guys.

At the moment I'm currently going through the process of getting a club affiliated with CAMS in order to run a silvia motorkhana series, but it will take a while, give these other guys a shout out if you've got the need for speed ;)

...doh.. because when I was learning to get my motorbike licence I practiced in the car-park there.. I guess the main thing I wanted to do was to get some practice for quick turns, braking accellerating etc in my car without worrying about traffic.. and without worrying about having to compete in a comp.

Its a shame you cant seem to have a quick practice anywhere without having to compete thats all..

yeah, its my hope that should I get my cams together there can be some cheap practice days for things like this, but in the mean time I'd look for one of the clubs or find somewhere out the middle of nowhere were no-one is likely to go ya.

Learners are ok as they are always tightly controlled by their instructors and are extremely unlikely to be tearing up tarmac or irritating the locals, but when you get a group of guys in cars together, things always get noisy

man its piss to get a cams licence. once i finish the mods im doing. im getting mine and going to the Tune days and then im going to join the AMR speed event series.

Tune days are always on a Friday, go untill aorund 4-5 i think apart form once a month its on sat.

im just going to join the WASCC (western australian sporting car club), get my cams licence and i get full access to the track and all events at barbagello.

aww yeah and if your interested once you do all this you can enter the AMR speed event series.

http://www.speedeventseries.com/

take a look. :D

heheheh. well hope this helps some people out.

would LOVE to see more imports down at barba. and especially at the AMR series

Edited by ZenAch
  • 1 month later...

lol. man i dout that would give the keys to anyone.... but hey nice dream :D

im unsure on the price.

you get access to take your road or race car up for any tune day.

you get access to any event at the track for free.... not sure if that inculdes the V8's

how much does this cams licence cost and if u get full accesss to barbagallo does tht mean ur practically given the keys?

No basically when you are a member, you get one free test and tune day a year, then you pay $40 per test and tune day and whatever the entry fee is for the comps.. there is a test and tune day a few times a month

membership costs $100 till the end of the year, next year is like ~$250 or something for the year.. not cheap for the average joe at the end of the day.

There are different levels of membership, silver gold etc, there is the $100 jobby, which is as described, and the higher ones are a grand or so from memory, but u get free access to all tune days and a few other perks.

Still too much for a student tho, I'm the first to agree, I havent been able to afford barbagello for 4 years now(hence fuzzyness on the pricing).

mate you are a bit of a dummy arent ya..how long have you had your licence for???1 day...

For the marks you leave you will be paying a huge fine to relay the road..loose your car and licence. You cant even make noise nowadayz with the a car and not get yellow stickered. How about we set up a course in the cops station car park. Thats where I left when i was learning to drive. lol You idiot.

• 3 weeks later...

you could also check out the WA motorkhana championships... Dave Elliot and his team put in a fair bit of work to find venues and run this series, and they will help you to run your own club championship as part of the main series as well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Its a shame you cant seem to have a quick practice anywhere without having to compete thats all..

AHG driving centre, wanneroo just about any weekend.... Collie when the guys go down... drift practice days...

There's places to practice without using the street, you just need to look.

Keep an eye on this section of the forum, join a car club or two.... (sure SilviaWA is a car club, but i mean one that's CAMS affiliated and a little more serious about being a sporting club, rather than a social club... WASCC perhaps? :)

'thro

Edited by nutter

AHG driving centre, wanneroo just about any weekend.... Collie when the guys go down... drift practice days...

There's places to practice without using the street, you just need to look.

Keep an eye on this section of the forum, join a car club or two.... (sure SilviaWA is a car club, but i mean one that's CAMS affiliated and a little more serious about being a sporting club, rather than a social club... WASCC perhaps? :)

'thro

and what ones from what you said actually have teachers there for the people that want to learn how to drift ?

from what i understand the ones at barbagello are for people that already know how to and want to get better. what about the people that need to learn the basics?

Personally i dont think you would need someone to teach you how to drift, just get out there and try it(when on the track), motokhanas etc are good to start out on because they dont mind if you experiment a bit. Plus there are some bloody good drivers down there if you just ask them im sure they can give you some good tips.

.. Thanks to all the people here with constructive feedback (as opposed to simply flaming me and calling me an idiot) I've been down to check out some of the max-action events, some at wanneroo and even competed in an max-action event..

I'm really glad that people are putting on drift-pactice days too..

its a bit unfortunate that all events seem to cost at least $50 per session, plus cams licence (~$40) and club membership costs ($50 - $200) because its hard to convince my friends to fork over the cash, but it doesnt seem like there is much we can do about that unfortunately.

I guess the only way to avoid the costs is to use private property, if only I knew someone who hard a large piece of tarmac/gravel and loved motorsport...hmm

Paul