Well, it's finally happened! 471.8RWHP @ 22psi on E85.

http://i.imgur.com/PJ8fQl0.jpg

Full tune by Hyperdrive. Big thanks to Hayden for getting it here (and the ensuing issues that followed even to get it to Hyperdrive). I think it's true that it has been one massive headache. Updates have been here and there. Lots of little changes here and there too and some crazy hard work and persistence by Hayden.

Pretty big list of people helped to even get it to this stage: Hayden (tuning, wiring and mechanics), Hyperdrive (tuning), Galvsport (mechanics for RaceWars), Clint (fabrication, mechanics), Ozz (head work), Kev (overall mechanic), Jezz (storage and mechanics) and a bunch of others that helped me take the engine out and swap it over. Dinha and others for their constant "motivation" to complete the "volt_bite" 180 haha.

Next step is to get the car "road worthy". Also needs a bit of Luke's magical touch to refine the car that much more.

Interior needs to be refitted. Half of it is missing at the moment including the passenger seat, door trims, boot trimming.

Externally, side skirts need to be fixed, rear fenders need to be cut further, front bar fit, indicators fitted and wired, rear lower type x garnish needs to be sourced (went missing..), needs side mirrors, polished and a few other things.

Gave it a bit of stick last night too, hmm fun times so can't wait till it looks more legal! I believe Hayden has some videos of it on the dyno.

• Like 7
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it's finally happened! 471.8RWHP @ 22psi on E85.   http://i.imgur.com/PJ8fQl0.jpg   Full tune by Hyperdrive. Big thanks to Hayden for getting it here (and the ensuing issues that followed even t

Yes, who would've thought that in the year 2014 the car would actually be running?   Big thanks to Hayden for volunteering to revive this project! It has not been easy to get to this point and whilst

COMING SOON JUNE 2015!  

Posted Images

Haha! Well, Hayden has the video of my car on the dyno.. somewhere :D

Or come see it in person hahaha.

Might make a new build thread so I can keep things cleaner. This thread is so historical lol.

Cheers Liam.

I don't think these tyres will be enough. Already spoke about going larger when I bought these 265s haha. But I need the guards to be modified a bit more and that requires luke's magic touch hahaha.

In all honesty Marshall, it's been over 3 years since I've seen this car in person...and I guess the hard work has paid off even if you haven't cracked 500. 470 is a sheet load of power, and the cars looks/looked amazing at one point. So we'll done man

I hope to see it out on the road at some point.

Thanks Hayden. The cover photo is the 471 but the dyno is 449 :P

Josh I've actually changed the bodykit to a Origin aggressive kit. I did like the Msport a lot actually but a few accidents (not on my part) has caused it to be damaged too much for me to bother repairing so I sold it. That's why, fibreglass kinda sucks!

I was toying around the idea of going a oem type x kit and I did have one, but we'll see. Shouldn't see that much street time, hopefully more track!

Hahaha... Dinna. Subterfuge at play here. haha.

That depends if I can get a certain person to help modify my sheet arse guards. Otherwise angle grinder is out to play.

Well Zee.. Dinna and I were working on the car last night and we did bog laps around malaga after.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/0f/0ff49113f737f6725161e579f345863f0a8b6d82d260aca7a3726c18b760b024.jpg

Edited by volt_bite

I hope you don't have to follow that path. Far too nice

Yeah thanks Sean. I hope it doesn't either.

Whys it ending in pieces?

Nah it's not but if I were to sell it in the future, it would probably have to be parted out.

I don't really want to do that but circumstances can change.

Meanwhile, it's bloody fun to drive!