R32/33 GTR Brake Upgrade on S13

in your car do you have 2 pedels, one for front brakes and one for rear??

just like your r6???

or do your front and rear brakes work together on a car ??

why do i have three pedals for ????

is the third one hand brake becuase if so ill take the other pedals out brakes off and just use hand brake

you would have to convert it so the handbrake does the fronts man

in your car do you have 2 pedels, one for front brakes and one for rear??

just like your r6???

or do your front and rear brakes work together on a car ??

why do i have three pedals for ????

is the third one hand brake becuase if so ill take the other pedals out brakes off and just use hand brake

you would have to convert it so the handbrake does the fronts man

oh yeah sweet does instyle customs do that or wat

Wow i see your logic there, cos riding a bike is exactly the same. PS try using the rear and watch you riding improve....

okay valentino rossi, thanks for the riding advice.

supposing that you have ridden a motorcycle before, or have had to do the emergency braking in the riding exam, you would know that the rear brake provides stability when braking but the majority of the stopping is done by the front brakes. The rear brake is also useful when a corner tightens widway and your employing the counter-steering technique that most riders use.

forgive me if I dont understand your logic. Aren't bikes and cars subject to the same physical forces when braking? ie: forward weight shifting under heavy braking increases the front tyre friction co-efficient and decreases the rear?

Wow i see your logic there, cos riding a bike is exactly the same. PS try using the rear and watch you riding improve....

okay valentino rossi, thanks for the riding advice.

supposing that you have ridden a motorcycle before, or have had to do the emergency braking in the riding exam, you would know that the rear brake provides stability when braking but the majority of the stopping is done by the front brakes. The rear brake is also useful when a corner tightens widway and your employing the counter-steering technique that most riders use.

forgive me if I dont understand your logic. Aren't bikes and cars subject to the same physical forces when braking? ie: forward weight shifting under heavy braking increases the front tyre friction co-efficient and decreases the rear?

i have owned a bike since i was 4 i have my motorcycle licence and worked in a motor bike shop for a year and have riddin plenty of bikes mate.

im not sure if you have noticed but in a car the front and rear brakes work together to stop a vehicle

and to keep the bias the same, upgrading both the front and rear calipers to units of another car would be a good upgrade and the right thing to do to keep the balance, avoid lockups and uneven braking, having a lesser caliper on the rear will cause the fronts to work harder, heating them up quicker and making them fade out faster then they would with a properly matched rear caliper.

Edited by [CHAMP]

extracted this part of the article for people to read

While the front brakes do most of the braking, the rears must be used as much as possible to maximize braking performance. You want to have the ability to lock up both sets of tires at roughly the same time, with the fronts locking up just before the rears. This uses the maximum traction available of all four tires to help stop the car. By upgrading just the fronts to bigger/better brakes and not the rears, you have increased the fronts braking ability while leaving the rears the same. This effectively reduces the rears overall contribution in helping to stop the car. You are using the front tires maximum traction, but not the rear tires. Since the rear tires are now contributing less to stopping the car, you have actually just lost stopping performance and increased your stopping distance.

the rest of it can be found here

http://www.scottbarton.net/UpgradingBrakes.html

i hope this information can be found useful to all those who may not have the right idea about brakes

thankyou

Ben

Edited by [CHAMP]

extracted this part of the article for people to read

While the front brakes do most of the braking, the rears must be used as much as possible to maximize braking performance. You want to have the ability to lock up both sets of tires at roughly the same time, with the fronts locking up just before the rears. This uses the maximum traction available of all four tires to help stop the car. By upgrading just the fronts to bigger/better brakes and not the rears, you have increased the fronts braking ability while leaving the rears the same. This effectively reduces the rears overall contribution in helping to stop the car. You are using the front tires maximum traction, but not the rear tires. Since the rear tires are now contributing less to stopping the car, you have actually just lost stopping performance and increased your stopping distance.

the rest of it can be found here

http://www.scottbarton.net/UpgradingBrakes.html

i hope this information can be found useful to all those who may not have the right idea about brakes

thankyou

Ben

some people prefer greater front bias (stable), others rear bias

If you want equal brake bias then get one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ADJUSTABLE-BRAKE-BI...=item1e566b21b8

It is my understanding that bigger brakes increase prolonged heavy breaking, ie; track days. Any brake can lock up a tyre, ie: drum brakes can lock up a car tyre, but it cant do it on every corner for 5 laps at barbagallo.

I have skyline front brakes and s14 rear brakes on my s13 and the setup provides excellent heavy braking longevity for the price, this is all I wanted the original poster who posed the question to realize. I wasnt expecting a backlash from a hoard of high-horse riding know-it-alls

well the main reasons behind this is i want the stronger 5 studs and stronger calipers.... idnt mind goin s14/s15 setup but i keep getting told gtr gtr so..... thats y all this. kev i think i will contact u also 4 advise in person. thnax 4 the help.

why did you go and put s14 rear calipers and rotors on your 13 when, apart from 5 stud holes, they are exactly the same unit. Seriously Dave in Bentley bike and car not same. No where near same. Bike you have the riders weight being able to shift, left right, forward and back. Even higher and lower. You can't do that in a car without learning how braking, accelerating or how to set the car up suspension wise. Also from last check, i'm pretty sure a bike plus rider is no where close to the weight of a car. Just 1 pair of brakes to slow down something which has over a tonne of mass doesnt quite work effectively.

Another difference is braking hard when a car is sideways or spinning. Something that if you are doing on a bike i'm pretty sure you are about to die.

The Bigger Brake concept you have is not really correct. Yes they will help with brake fade but thats still mainly up to your rotor and pad choice. No use having huge brakes and sheet house pads like standard ones trying to pull you up from 160kph. I make fun of standard brake pads because I have actually set mine on fire before just from braking twice.

Bigger brakes are mainly about the surface area. Larger rotor and pad contact = more friction.

Rear brakes being big is pretty much the same except it also changes the dynamics of the car and its characteristics under braking. Something not even a brake bias switch with small rear brakes can emulate.

why tell him to use his origional calipers when you yourself upgraded them?

I have s14 rotors/hubs only and am using the same calipers. I kno the calipers are the same.. see my first post. learn to read between the lines :rolleyes:

Edited by the_galvatr0ns

I have skyline front brakes and s14 rear brakes on my s13 and the setup provides excellent heavy braking longevity for the price, this is all I wanted the original poster who posed the question to realize. I wasnt expecting a backlash from a hoard of high-horse riding know-it-alls

s14 rear brakes it says mate not discs and hubs

your a dickhead mate, go post on psb forums about brake upgrades

s14 rear brakes it says mate not discs and hubs

your a dickhead mate, go post on psb forums about brake upgrades

if I have s14 rotors and s14 hubs and the calipers for the s13 and s14 are the same, effectively I have s14 brakes, its semantics which car the caliper came from if they are the same.

dont get ur knickers in a knot