skyline seat in s13

I have seen heaps of gtr seats put into s13. But dont want to spend that much. Will r32 or r33 gtst seat fit into s13. Im aware one hole wont line up. But will they be to tall or wide? Also will they hold you in better when going around a corner than the stock s13 seat will?

I have seen heaps of gtr seats put into s13. But dont want to spend that much. Will r32 or r33 gtst seat fit into s13. Im aware one hole wont line up. But will they be to tall or wide? Also will they hold you in better when going around a corner than the stock s13 seat will?

s13 seats are a pos .. any alternative is better. r33 has a higher roof base making it more roomier, so wouldnt be surprised if they seated up higher, you can always try the s13 rails on the 33/32 seats.

that being said, heres a good alternative for you

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sorrento/en...t-to/1015633697

comes with custom rail to suit also

I had R33 seats in my S13, one of the four bolts holding it to the floor doesn't line up but if that doesn't bother you they're fine.

You are seated a little bit higher up, without folding the seat back a little I wasn't able to wear a helmet for a track day but I'm 184cm so you may be better off.

R32/33/34 seats all have the same brackets so three of the four holes will line up (this is only an issue for pits), S13/14/15 seats all have the same bracket. A nice upgrade for S13s is often the S15 seats, straight bolt-in and not all that expensive.

Just weld on a bit of flat bar to the rear outers of each seats rail, drill hole and done

Im actually trying to get a load of these tabs turret punched and ready to go for people to simply buy and weld in :)

Dont bother with skyline seats unless they are GTR. You sit high and ruin the driving position. Also, if you drive around with only 3 bolts holding your seat in your asking for darwin's theory of evolution to erase your genes. Its easy to make a little bracket from 5mm flat bar.

Yeah forget about fitting non GTR seats as it doesn't worth the effort.

I stumbled across this ads on gumtree. This guy is selling Carbon Bride replica seats for $800/pair and he can supply mounting brackets too.. pretty good deal I reckon.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bull-creek/...ffer/1018810049

Just my 2cents

i paid $2500 for the whole car, so cant justify $800 on seats. I just want something that is better than s13 seats, as i want to skidpan, and my obliques were sore from trying to hold myslef in all day. Just wanting a cheap alternative. Doesnt have to be fancy, i hardly drive this car anyway

I get your point, but you really can't beat decent seats.

I have R32 GTR seats in mine. Alot better than stock. I didn't want such a restricting bucket, but something more relaxed

Your looking at like 500 a pair for the seats, throw 15 bucks of interior cleaner at them, then $5 of flat bar and your done

Cheap alternatives I've noticed have awful bolster positioning and don't last long, simply collapsing and breaking apart

I sell a load of the *rabbit* Autotechnica seats at work and I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole

At worst, buy just a drivers gtr seat for $300 and your set

Or even an S15 seat, not as great but better

Bride copies are good but the cost of rails will kill your budget

Edited by Eagz

Agreed. Unless you're getting GTR seats, don't bother getting skyline seats!

If you are on a budget, just get S15 seats.

Dont bother with skyline seats unless they are GTR. You sit high and ruin the driving position. Also, if you drive around with only 3 bolts holding your seat in your asking for darwin's theory of evolution to erase your genes. Its easy to make a little bracket from 5mm flat bar.