What exhaust should I go with on my sr?

I have a redtop and looking to upgrade my exhaust, from the manifold to the tip and I'm not sure where to go when it comes to external/internal waste gates, my car is completely stock. And does anyone have a decent exhaust I could buy? Cheers all info is helpful as I'm in the dark with this

Just run with the standard manifold until you wanna upgrade the turbo.

You check japanese car part wa group on facebook?

Pretty sure you can pick up a catback for an s13 for like 200 bucks. Can also try gumtree

completely stock car, what do you want to gain? you could do a full hot side swap and retune meaning youll get a mani, turbo, exhaust and retune to suit or if you don't have the spare few thousand just get a catback for some nicer tone, you wont need a front pipe from the turbo back until you plan on more boost and a retune anyway

Turbo back will give you a bit of a kick right? (along with the +2psi boost jump)

Could go turbo back setup and get a boost T and wind it up to 14psi. Should hit around 200hp....

Yeah I'd recommend doing the cat back and a high flow *cough* decat pipe *cough* first off until you have decided your end goal for the car, no point throwing on a bolt on dump pipe if you plan to do a full new turbo setup down the track that requires a different one anyway.

With a good cat back you should be able to run the boost at around 12psi safely. Ideally you would want to have an upgraded fuel pump, decent air filter and intercooler before doing so however.

HIJACK!!!! what air filter is everyone running? i rkn i need a new one.....

much of a muchness man, K&N arent bad, APEXI are all fakes, just get one that looks and feels good quality and that fits where you want it, for what 99.99% of people here want they all perform similarly

• Like 1

$10 eBay/AutoBarn one works perfectly fine, and has a dust/water cover so I don't suck water in through my pod when I hit giant puddles.

• Like 1

Okay cheers for the help guys will go with a exhaust and work my way back from there, it's my daily driver so it won't be getting to much mods just little things here and there to make it more enjoyable to drive but upping the boost to 12psi sounds like fun haha I'll be after an intercooler soon after I find I decent exhaust, there's some on eBay for 270 just plain strait 3" what's people's thoughts on that? I'm going to talk to my local exhaust place and see what price they give me for something similar

you can usually pick up a decent 2nd hand zorst for around the 200 mark, I've always personally believed in you get what you pay for and only ever saved for either a high end Japanese one or a custom fabricated exhaust. custom ones always fit better though

edit: good jap cat backs are 500+ and a decent custom will end up 1000+ once u add a highflow cat and muffler etc. be worth it though because you won't have to swap it again later....

Edited by 3lite