s15 + koyo + au thermos + air/con fan setup

hey all..... sorry for all the questions lately

so im upgrading the cooling system from the standard setup ,

koyo radiator and au thermo fans seem to be a good combo . but im wanting to maintain the factory aircon that requires a fan to kick in at low speed (under 40kph)
should i mount the stock aircon fan in front of the aircon radiator like s13 ?
and controlling the au thermo fans.... can my power fc do this ?
and last question should i buy genuine ford fans or ebay spec ?

cheers again

The old rule was that if it does not move then china/ebay is ok.....tho a lot of china stuff is getting better these days.

factor in cost and ease of install. I dare say that with a larger core your engine is unlikely to explode before you find out that your fans have failed.

IMO putting the stock fan in front of the s13 one should be ok.

• 1 month later...

run twin thermos powerd by a fan controller, in addition wire in the factory loom in parallel with it, so you can get your fans to kick in @ the temps required in addition have your ecu kick the fans on when a/c is running

go with ye old clutch fan and stock shroud. I got the GP sports fan and that drew so much more air I never saw water temp above 92 degrees ever again. the AU thermo work good but draw a lot of current.

Always clutch fan.

Thermos work but the clutch fan works just as well, and are probably more reliable.

As far as radiators go, koyo is definitelyv the way to go, although I have always had a 53mm alloy godspeed radiator (china) and that has never let me down.

go with ye old clutch fan and stock shroud. I got the GP sports fan and that drew so much more air I never saw water temp above 92 degrees ever again. the AU thermo work good but draw a lot of current.

GP sports similar to the gktech ones?

Since my engine is coming back out again I may chuck one of those on.....

The GKTECH one were exactly the same design as the GP Sports megatech cooling fan. But, I believe they did eventually change the design since it was literally a copy.

GKtech, no idea if much else is coming from them these days though. They did do runs of billet knuckles and were going to do gearboxes too. But I think they simply gave up/lack of funding etc.

Edited by volt_bite