Boost Controllers - Options

So my trusty profec gave up some time ago and now I'm well past due for a replacement. Thing is, I can't find sheet.
What's everyone using and where is it coming from?
I believe GReddy have updated the profec to some new fancy thing that as far as I care is way too big and ugly for what I want.

they still sell the old profec models. Just buy your "trusty" old model again. I do agree with you about the latest model.. i think it is ugly as fark. For one its not symmetrical which gives me a nervous twitch haha and secondly, mounting wise it seems it has to be some sort of centrepiece as you cant tuck it under the dash like the old models. I guess it does away with a boost guage tho so that could be seen as a bonus.

Im in the same boat crumz and i dont like any of the latest ebc's. So for me personally i will be going for an older model

• Like 1

Ive got my gizmo out of the 180 if you're interested.

Had no issues with it and they are nice and neat and simple.

plan was to use it in the 1200 way down the track but its that far away it doesnt matter

Edited by seanRD

im running turbosmart eboost on my datto and the profec on my s15 . the turbo smart has a use able boost gauge compared to the profec

Thanks all. Really for what I'm after it's all old school stuff. Dalspecs and the Eboost are no good. Too big and chunky for what I want. I don't want my cabin full of distractions and I really don't want anything that's going to shine light in my eyes when I'm doing excessive speeds down unlit roads, hence my quest for something out of the way.

Nistune is looking more and more appealing, flex fuel, map, boost control, relatively cheap.... Not a lot else a man can ask for...

• Like 1

I have a blitz sbc-ID and it works wicked. I have the screen un-mounted so I can move it around when needed or just hide it in the glove box.

I also have Nistune so may look into switching over to that... Only issue I can see for you is Nistune requires a MAF sensor does it not?

What! That's news to me... If always wanted to frack off the ebc and go ecu controlled. If you can do that and map sensor I see almost no need for aftermarket ems anymore

• Like 1

i always thought nistune was the poor mans ecu option but with limp mode , flex fuel and boost control it seems too good to be true :? but i did hear the boost control was limited (max psi)

ecu boost control was better than EBC when i had my s14,

might look at nistune for the next one, sounds like it's come a long way!

edit: why does Hayden even go on holiday, does he not realize there are so many questions we have that only he can answer!!!!

Edited by 3lite

i always thought nistune was the poor mans ecu option but with limp mode , flex fuel and boost control it seems too good to be true :? but i did hear the boost control was limited (max psi)

Better believe it. For features it's basically better than a PowerFC with easier tuning if your willing to spend the dollars on NisTune software.

• Like 1

Edit*
Oh lawdy look at those stats. No over revving, full timing with non existent (for the most part) knock (even at above 6800rm in top gear with full load), perfect operating temp, happy happy injectors that are well in the comfort zone and of course, the icing on the cake....
I need to do this again.

Seems like the additional dyno time (or buying a license) required to set up nistune boost control may not be as cost effective as running an external ebc. Last release on it seemed fairly basic using open loop duty cycle tables. My vote is gfb gforce2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...