'94 180sx - First S Chassis - Modding my Way (Pic Heavy)

Thanks for the help lads! Might bump it to 12 and see if i get any issues, then go downwards from there.

Also picked up a dual port Turbosmart BOV yesterday to replace the stock one. the question is... plumb back, atmos or 50-50?

Exciting times once the FMIC, new BOV and the EBC get installed :P

• Like 1

Thanks for the help lads! Might bump it to 12 and see if i get any issues, then go downwards from there.

Also picked up a dual port Turbosmart BOV yesterday to replace the stock one. the question is... plumb back, atmos or 50-50?

All depends how much you love bov noises.

I'm not a huge fan, but its all personal preference

nice one. did you find it on gumtree or somewhere else?

Found it on JCPWA. Was brand new in the box. got it for a steal haha

All depends how much you love bov noises.

I'm not a huge fan, but its all personal preference

Not particularly a huge fan. Will most likely plumb back 100%.

Looks like i'll need to weld it to the intercooler piping? (this job just got too big for me haha)

The old exhaust/intercooler and 10 to 12 psi is a pretty standard s13 modifying route. It does open her up a bit more and give it a fair bit more poke.

with my old s14 motor i had it set on 12-13psi and when i had it dynoed the afrs were leaning out on the top quite quickly (running out of injectors)...i installed a tunable ecu and some s15 440cc injectors and everything was a-ok.

My current s13 sr, t28 set to 12psi but i wouldn't go any further without checking it on a dyno or in ur ecu - i have a nistune so i can see what percent injectors etc are getting to.

with regards to BOV, id go plumb back or no bov. personally prefer the flutter noise to any bov noise.

i think the turbosmart one has two outlet ports, but comes with a blocker, so you can block one and run atmo/plumback or unblock it and run both.

• Like 1

Do you not have any bov flanges off you cooler piping?

I do not think so. Bought a Just Jap return flow, so you get what you pay for. pictured below

http://i.imgur.com/3wZeQF3.jpg

with regards to BOV, id go plumb back or no bov. personally prefer the flutter noise to any bov noise.

i think the turbosmart one has two outlet ports, but comes with a blocker, so you can block one and run atmo/plumback or unblock it and run both.

Correct, i got the dual port model. dont care much for sounds... just after reliability and not getting pulled over... so flutter /atmos is out haha

with my old s14 motor i had it set on 12-13psi and when i had it dynoed the afrs were leaning out on the top quite quickly (running out of injectors)...i installed a tunable ecu and some s15 440cc injectors and everything was a-ok.

If i install new injectors... i will need a tune though right?

My end goal is to get it tuned (nistune installed also) once i have the other couple of parts i need (poncams & rocker arm stoppers, z32 afm, bigger turbo, injectors) and just do it in one big go.

But if i can install the injectors without a tune.... however from what i've read the internet says no.

If you IC kit does not have a bov port - don't run one :P

those kits use the top half of the stock pipework by the looks, so you have ample opportunity to get a flange placed on the stock turbo hot pipe, for easy plumback to the intake.

Yeah you will need a retune with new injectors.

If you have a nistune you should be able to connect the consult cable (if you have one) and monitor the ecu gauges, like injector & AFM duty...

once you set your 12psi or so, do some pulls on the freeway etc and just make sure everything is in check (aka not going into the upper limits <95% prob means lower your boost)

• Like 1