Sunroof rust

Is there any way of getting rid of sunroof rust with a s13 ? I have had it removed before but it keeps reappearing. Is it worth finding a non sunroof skin and getting a shop to do the transfer ? Or perhaps just reshell ?

Have dealt with it on my old s13.

get rid of the sunroof. Can weld on a new sheet of metal and fibreglass/sand over to get shape or do the roof skin like you said.

wont get rid of the rust if you keep the sunroof. I tried. Easier to get cages as well and gives u more headroom!!!

how bad is it?

At the moment it's slow but its noticeable with bubble forming around the sunroof.

Have dealt with it on my old s13.

get rid of the sunroof. Can weld on a new sheet of metal and fibreglass/sand over to get shape or do the roof skin like you said.

wont get rid of the rust if you keep the sunroof. I tried. Easier to get cages as well and gives u more headroom!!!

Will welding on a sheet of metal cause it to crack later on from stress ? I'm leaning towards transplanting a roof skin if the cost is within reason. Would you happen to know anyone reputable ?

Yeah i figured that one out when at d1wa constantly hitting the roof even with a bride rail haha.

Cant tell you if it will crack due to stress.. but i have seen this done in other cars with good results. I cant really think of a reason for it to crack due to having a new sheet of metal over the gap...

sorry cant really recommend anyone either. there are def a lot of dodgy operators out there tho so would be good to do a bit or research.